Granular Sub–Base (GSB) is a graded granular material, usually a ‘hard rock’. Sub–Base is a load spreading layer, used especially during construction, carrying site traffic and protecting the Subgrade of a Road.
Breedon offers a broad selection of granular sub-base/crushed quarry products.
Progressive stages of crushing and screening enable us to produce a range of aggregate sizes. Uses include:
• Commercial & Residential Building & Civil Engineering projects
• Road construction and surfacing
• Agricultural projects
• Sea and river defenses
• Water treatment & filtration projects
• Concrete & blacktop constituents
• Specialist environmental drainage (Suds) systems.
Products we offer include:
• Crusher Runs
• Specification for Highway Works Series 600 earthworks materials such as 6F1, 6F2, 6N.
• Specification for Highway Works Series 800 road pavement materials such as Type 1, Type 2, Type 3.
• Specification for Highway Works Series 500 drainage materials such as Type A, Type B, Type C.
• Single Size Chippings to include 6, 10, 14, 20, 40, 50 mm grades.
• Aggregates for Concrete to BS EN Specification BS EN 12620:2002+A1:2008.
• Sub bases to Private Street Works Specifications
• Rock Armour & Gabion stone to BS EN Specification BS EN 13383: 2002