Resurfacing on the Fortwilliam Roundabout
Breedon is a major term maintenance and capital works road surfacing contractor with both public and private sector clients across a range of surfacing and highway maintenance categories.
Highway Maintenance services represent a complementary extension to our core surfacing activities and enable us to offer a comprehensive service to customers, ensuring increased control and flexibility during project rollout with all services delivered in–house.
Contracts held cover the following areas:
- Asphalt Resurfacing
- Small Scale and Responsive Works
- Surface Dressing
- Road Marking
- High Friction Surfacing
- Mastic Asphalt Reinstatements
- Decorative Resin Bound Surfacing - Gripsurf
Our extensive asphalt surfacing experience spans the entire scope from footpaths and carparks to roads and major highways. Asphalt is laid in accordance with National Highway Sector Scheme (NHSS) 16 and Surface Dressing is carried out in accordance with NHSS 13, road marking to NHSS 7, HFS and Mastic.
- Our asphalt planings are recycled and re-used within asphalt mixes at our production plants, contributing to sustainability targets.
- In the road markings and road stud installation sector, we have significantly increased market share by investing in our people, equipment . We carry out such works in accordance with NHSS 7 and we are a member of the Road Safety Markings Association.
- Breedon is a BBA/HAPAS approved installer of the Hitex Type 1 Thermoplastic High Friction Surfacing System which is used as a high friction surfacing on highways with surface texture depths of between 0.5mm and 2mm. It is commonly applied on approaches to roundabouts, traffic lights and major junctions.