Resurfacing on the Fortwilliam Roundabout
Whitemountain is a major term maintenance and capital works road surfacing contractor with both public and private sector clients across a range of surfacing and maintenance categories.
Highway Maintenance services represent a complementary extension to our core surfacing activities and enable us to offer a comprehensive service to customers, ensuring increased control and flexibility during project rollout with all services delivered in–house.
Contracts held cover the following areas:
- Asphalt Resurfacing
- Small Scale and Responsive Works
- Surface Dressing
- Road Marking
- Minor Improvement Works
Our extensive asphalt surfacing experience spans the entire scope from footpaths and carparks to roads and major highways. Asphalt is laid in accordance with National Highway Sector Scheme (NHSS) 16 and Surface Dressing is carried out in accordance with NHSS 13.
Services offered by our Highway Maintenance division include vehicle restraint system installation, road planing, road stud installation and road markings.
- Vehicle restraint systems on public highways are subject to strict safety requirements and erection of these systems must be in accordance with NHSS 2B. Since attaining this accreditation we have gained extensive experience installing and repairing various barrier systems including Tensioned and Untensioned Corrugated Beam, Open Box Beam, Double Rail Open Box Beam and Corus Vetex Proprietary System.
- Road planing is an important activity within re–surfacing and structural maintenance operations. Our asphalt planings are recycled and re–used within asphalt mixes at our production plants, contributing to sustainability targets.
- Since entering the road markings and road stud installation sector we have significantly increased market share by investing in our people, equipment and product development. We carry out such works in accordance with NHSS 7 and we are a member of the Road Safety Markings Association.
- Whitemountain is a BBA/HAPAS approved installer of the Hitex Textureprint Type 1 Thermoplastic High– Friction Surfacing System which is used as a high–friction surfacing on highways with surface texture depths of between 0.5mm and 2mm. It is commonly applied on approaches to roundabouts, traffic lights and major junctions.